How Do I Join?
Are you interested in becoming a Sigma Sigma Sigma?
At MSU Denver, our recruitment process is a little different than a traditional university's formal recruitment. Typically, our recruitment week is the second week of each semester. Events are held Monday through Thursday in the evenings and are open to all Metro students, and then "invitation only" events will be announced when the week's events are finished. It is highly recommended that you attend as many of these events as possible, but don't worry if you can only come to one of the evenings! All recruitment events are designed to be a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Potential New Members will have the opportunity to have conversations with Active Members and learn about the sorority and how it works. This year, we are trying a new recruitment schedule because of our new Panhellenic rules. Thank you for bearing with us as we try some new things! We can't wait to meet you!
Sorority Recruitment Do's and Don't's
- Try to look your best! No need to dress fancy, but leave the sweats at home.
- Feel free to dress in the theme!
- Ask questions! The only way you will find if Sigma is right for you is to ask questions.
- Be open to new experiences!
- Talk to more than one person!
- Bring a good attitude and a smile!
- Be yourself!
- Bad mouth other organizations.
- Talk about partying/alcohol/drugs, etc.
- Believe what you see on TV/in movies. Drop the stereotypes at the door and have an open mind!
- Be nervous! Everyone will be very excited to meet you!
Feel free to contact our Recruitment Director, Maddie!